COB is pleased to present its Project Update 2020 Study. This study has delivered significant project enhancements since the PFS 2018, including increased ore reserve, longer operating life, lower capital costs and lower operating costs.
Study Highlights are:
- Ore Reserve (Probable) increased 55% to 71.8 Mt at 710 ppm cobalt (from 46.3 Mt at 819 ppm cobalt).
- Ore Reserve contained cobalt increased from 38,000 tonnes to 51,000 tonnes (34% increase).
- Pre-Production capital expenditure lowered by ~A$70m, inclusive of an increase in front-end mining and concentrate throughput capacity from 5.25 Mtpa to 6.3 Mtpa (+20%).
- Capital intensity (US$ capital/cobalt production) typically 25–30% of required capital for comparable cobalt greenfield projects.
- Replacement of standalone process plant Tailings Storage Facility, with Integrated Waste Landform for co-disposal of mine waste rock and process plant tailings, resulting in lower environmental footprint.
- The Broken Hill Cobalt Project is 100% owned by Cobalt Blue Holdings. The project will continue to advance towards a Feasibility Study.
BHCP – largest undeveloped cobalt producer in the world (ex-Africa) – targeting ethical, high grade, battery ready cobalt sulphate.